Advanta Seeds is Australia's leading broadacre seed company, headquartered in Toowoomba, Queensland, where it breeds, produces and markets summer and winter crop seeds. Our goal is to deliver high yielding, innovative crop solutions to farmers through the respected Pacific Seeds brand of products including sorghum, corn, forages, canola, wheat and sunflower.
Advanta Seeds under the Pacific Seeds range is Australia's leading breeder and supplier of grain sorghum hybrids. With world class genetics and over 50 years of experience in the Australian grain industry, the Pacific Seeds range continues to set the benchmark in hybrid performance and agronomic knowledge to support them.
- • High yielding hybrids
- • Broad range of adaptability to Australian conditions
- • Australian breeding program for Australian environments
- • A range of hybrid maturities to suit varying situations
- • Bred for wide adaptability across varying climatic conditions
- • Standability
- • Large grain size meaning better gradings
- • High yield for maturity
Sold under the Pacific Seeds brand, Advanta Seeds' field corns combine some of the best genetics from around the world to derive unique hybrids. The corn range is adapted to a wide range of hot, dry, tropical and sub-tropical regions. Offering Australia's widest range of Imidazoline Tolerant hybrids, Advanta Seeds is also offering Australian farmers another tool for weed control in their summer crop rotations while maintaining yield and profitability for them. All hybrids exhibit resistance to leaf blights, viruses, cob rots and a range of other diseases. New varieties are trialled across a wide range of environments.
- • range of maturities from 102 CRM - 123 CRM
- • High feed quality feed/silage corn hybrids
- • Processing (grit corn) hybrids
- • Dual purpose (Silage/grain/grits) hybrids
- • Strong disease package
- • Good standability
- • Imidazolinone Tolerance
- • Excellent Grain and feed quality
The range of Pacific Seeds Summer Forages are bred to suit various end uses and budgets. Whether the forage is used for grazing or for hay or silage production, the Pacific Seeds range has a product suitable for all markets. The key goal of the Summer Forage breeding program is to produce hybrids which are easily managed, that deliver graziers, dairies and industries with increased feed quality, maximising productivity. Through our robust research and development process, only the hybrids which deliver an advantage over previous existing commercial varieties are moved forward and released.
- • Forage for hay
- • Quality and palatable hybrids
- • Maturity range suited to both southern and northern Australia
- • range caters across beef, dairy and sheep industries
- • Sudangrass hybrids - thin stems
- • BMR (brown mid rib - lower lignin) hybrids
- • Sweet sorghum hybrids
- • Good standability
Pacific Seeds, now Advanta Seeds was the first company in the world to commercially market Hybrid canola. Commercially known worldwide as the Hyola® range and characterised by exhibiting high seedling vigour, high yield, high oil, high blackleg resistance and high standability with superior adaptability, the Hyola® hybrid varieties have developed a strong reliable reputation with growers, agronomists and consultants across many geographies across the globe. In Australia, the Hyola range encompasses all available herbicide tolerant traits and was the first to breed and market a combined Roundup Ready® and Triazine Tolerant Hybrid under the Hyola RT range. Advanta Seeds is committed to providing a complete range of elite hybrids to all canola growers across all regions, emanating from our global hybrid breeding and Innovation Cropping solutions extension programs.
- • Range of maturities suited to wide range of environments
- • High oil content
- • High yielding hybrids
- • Bred in Australia for Australian environments
- • Roundup® Ready Tolerant available
- • Triazine tolerant available
- • Clearfield® available
- • Dual tolerant Roundup® Ready and Triazine available
Advanta Seeds under the Pacific Seeds' Wheat brand is developing an involvement in the wheat seed business throughout Australia, with the intention to bring varieties which will encompass all major quality types adapting to all growing areas. Particular emphasis is placed on APH; AH; APW; ASW; AWSN as well as Durum and Feed. Advanta Seeds is the majority shareholder if Australian wheat breeding company, LongReach Plant Breeders, and thus has access to new varieties tailor bred for Australian planting conditions across all wheat growing regions. Our network of regional-based associates are responsible for producing, processing, distributing as well as selling the range of Pacific Seeds wheat planting seed. This network of associates will ensure that quality seed is available to retailers and growers in a timely and efficient manner.
- • Wide range of quality classifications
- • Regionally adapted varieties from strong breeding program
- • Focussed on agronomic solutions and high return for growers
- • Strong disease packages
- • Strong agronomic packages
- • Australian Prime Hard classifications available